Thursday, September 20, 2007

Eat at Pie Pizzeria, become a web sensation?

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure I want to be broadcast throughout the internet with a mouth full of pizza. The Pie Pizzeria must think there's an audience for it, though -- which is scary -- because its website offers live cam footage of its hungry patrons in Salt Lake, Ogden, and Midvale.

I don't get it. I don't get why people would want strangers in Peoria watching them slog down a pepperoni with extra cheese, and I don't get why a restaurant would think that they would. But hey, to each his own.

I just hope this doesn't become a trend, and that the Pizzeria tells customers to Smile, 'cause they're on Candid Camera. Otherwise--surprise!

2 comments:

Part of the Plan said...

Hey, no fair!

Jesse Harris said...

You might not recall this, but there was a webcam setup about 11-12 years ago to let you watch a Twinkie rot live on camera. If people will watch decomposing food, they'll watch anything.