Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Zions, please kill the Boozer ad

How does it go? "Something, something, determination, something. Zions - We haven't forgotten who keeps us in business." Who? 'cause it ain't Carlos Boozer.

News flash: Carlos is going to have surgery and sit on his behind a few more months. What a shock. I admit it; I hopped on the "dump Boozer" wagon a while back. I listened to my brother call him "Wusser," "[----]er," "Loozer," and "that lazy --------------." I learned that Paul "double double" Millsap was the lowest-paid player on the team. I answered the phone when my mother called mid-game to say, "The Jazz shouldn't let Carlos do color commentary. He doesn't even pretend that he wants to play."

I heard the jokes about the Zions Bank commercial: "They used still photos because Boozer couldn't make it all the way through a layup." "Slow mo? That's live action." "They couldn't show the whole film; Boozer signed with Wells Fargo before they were done making it." Etc.

I have struggled with the Jazz-ticket concept for years. Each year (except for a Brokeback Mountain boycott), I signed up for shared tickets, but would feel a twinge as I walked past a homeless individual or realized what the Humane Society or the Red Cross could do with the ridiculous sums of money I was forking over. Unfortunately, I love the Jazz. I tape games. I rewatch close ones (when we win). I time my jogging so I can do it while watching a game or listening to Hot Rod. I went to Sloan's first game while recovering from surgery.

But I am sick of the "Oh, I stubbed my toe, I'd better sit out for six weeks" vibe we get from even our own players now. As someone who watched John Stockton and Karl Malone play through dislocations and everything else, I have a hard time when Andre Kirilenko rides the pine because of a sprained finger tip. It's the same trainer that Karl and John had -- what could be the difference? You say advice from agents; I say wussiness.

What does this have to do with Utah politics? OK, nothing. But I feel better.

6 comments:

Frank Staheli said...

I remember the last time Boozer played against the Jazz as a Cleveland Cavalier. I thought, man that guy's good. It would be awesome to get him on our team. And then suddenly it happened. But it turns out I was wrong. Boozer is not a clutch player. He has been a multi-million-dollar disappointment.

Voice of Utah said...

Oh, man, me too! I had the exact same thoughts as you -- both then and now.

alpine_skier said...

Boozer was good playing for Duke a while back... I think Zions needs to pull all their adds haha, too corny.

gaohui said...

It doesn't make a lot of Moncler Boutique sense to throw on whatever shabby coat you have in moncler veste the closet at the last minute. Be moncler doudoune sure to take into consideration moncler hommes the environment when shopping for your doudoune moncler femmes new coat. You want the coat moncler femmes to look good but you also want it to keep you warm as doudoune moncler hommes well. You'll probably need a different coat for running errands doudoune moncler femmes and another for attending business meetings doudoune moncler hommes or social gatherings. You can also find certain types of coats moncler gilet that are very versatile and will work for many different types of occasions.

Anonymous said...

For the quintessential pandora sale Indian bride, the perfect pandora jewellery uk Indian bridal jewelry enhances her looks as much as her make-up does. Her beauty as the blushing bride is amplified not only by the pandora shop kohl around her eyes pandora 2010 and the different hues on her eyelids but also by the eye-catching Indian bridal jewelry that adorns her entire person, from head to toe.Although much of pandora jewelry the Indian bridal jewelry an Indian bride could wear is dependent on the new pandora beads size of her budget, she usually sees to it that she is bedecked with the pandora bead most lavish ones that she could lay her hands on. This is actually part of her presenting herself not only to her husband but also to the public. Because of pandora beads sale this, an Indian bride would want her Indian bridal jewelry custom-designed.An Indian bride would have her Indian bridal jewelry made, based on her wedding pandora glass beads trousseau, especially on its dominant colors. The type of precious metals and stones that will be used in making the jewelry should blend with the colors of pandora style beads her wardrobe.Indian bridal jewelry is not just one piece of jewelry worn by the Indian bride.

Anonymous said...

For the quintessential pandora sale Indian bride, the perfect pandora jewellery uk Indian bridal jewelry enhances her looks as much as her make-up does. Her beauty as the blushing bride is amplified not only by the pandora shop kohl around her eyes pandora 2010 and the different hues on her eyelids but also by the eye-catching Indian bridal jewelry that adorns her entire person, from head to toe.Although much of pandora jewelry the Indian bridal jewelry an Indian bride could wear is dependent on the new pandora beads size of her budget, she usually sees to it that she is bedecked with the pandora bead most lavish ones that she could lay her hands on. This is actually part of her presenting herself not only to her husband but also to the public. Because of pandora beads sale this, an Indian bride would want her Indian bridal jewelry custom-designed.An Indian bride would have her Indian bridal jewelry made, based on her wedding pandora glass beads trousseau, especially on its dominant colors. The type of precious metals and stones that will be used in making the jewelry should blend with the colors of pandora style beads her wardrobe.Indian bridal jewelry is not just one piece of jewelry worn by the Indian bride.